i couldn’t let 2019 start without a proper “it’s friday” post, could i!?
well, i guess considering i haven’t done one since october, i probably could’ve gotten away with it…but new year, new attempt to make my way to this space more often…!?
this first week of 2019 can only be characterized one way. tiring. i’m still tired from 2018, y’all! i’m sure we all are, a little exhausted from the holidays. last night i fell asleep at 9:30! i’m hoping once i get back into my workout routine (which was put on hold thanks to being sick for 2 weeks) that i’ll have energy again.
do y’all have any fun plans for the first weekend of the year? i’m looking forward to making menudo with my grandma at my parent’s house tomorrow. grandma makes a big batch of menudo at the beginning of every year, and for the last couple of years she’s tried to teach my mom and i, but i haven’t retained any of her lessons. this year, i’m going to make more of a concentrated effort to remember the recipe and instructions.
other than that, i think we’ll have a fairly quiet weekend. maybe watch a few more episodes of the man in the high castle (is anyone else watching this? collin and i are obsessed!), get some reading in, and our normal chores and meal prep. nothing too crazy.
have a well-fed, recharging weekend, babes.
- what i’m currently reading: belzhar by meg wolitzer. i feel like i found this book recommendation on somebody else’s blog, but i cannot for the life of me remember whose it was!
- obsessed with this song right now: heart’s having a hard time by filmore.
- the haunting last letters of sylvia plath. pretty sure y’all know i’m a plath fan, so i need to scoop up (and add to my reading list) volumes one & two of her massive correspondence. also, her journals.
- looking for bathroom decor inspiration and stumbled across this blog post with so many perfect little details. i’m a little bit obsessed with everything decor right now, since we decorated the house for christmas, and now we’re taking everything down, i’m inspired to add more personal touches to our rental in the places that ordinarily get neglected (ie., our spare bathroom).
- want. // need.
my new fave tee: it ain’t me babe via duck and dressing.
i have not been very good at posting lately. i guess when you’re as busy as i’ve been lately, something is bound to fall off the plate, right? it’s just, writing is my thing. i want it to be a better thing. i need it to be a better thing. so i’m gonna have to work on doing more of this, yes?
we celebrated lucas’s first birthday on monday, and had his party last weekend. he’s the cutest sweetie pie, with so much of his mother’s personality, it’s hilarious. i can’t believe he’s already a year old, it feels like i just met him for the first time yesterday. but i also can’t wait for him to start walking and talking!
also, melissa and i finally are taking a road trip together to new orleans in a few weeks! i can’t wait. it’s going to be so much fun! it’s been 6 years since i’ve been back, can you believe that? it blows my mind every time i think about it. i’m sure so much has changed, but i’m really excited to go back to some of my fave places.
this weekend, i’ll be training (for the san antonio rock n roll half-marathon), going to the utsa game, and hitting up the gruene market days. you know, just keeping busy. 😉
have a happy weekend, loves!
is it really the last weekend of summer? down here in the lone star state you can hardly tell! doesn’t mean i haven’t been rotating my fall pieces into my outfits already…so excited to get back to cozy knits, jeans, and booties. i just bought this mossimo supply co. cardigan at target and have probably worn it every day of the week in my office – it’s my new favorite layering piece! the guys keep it pretty chilly around here, so it’s come in great use! of course, i’m still rocking crop tops and shorts on the weekends, sooooo…cooler weather can’t get here too soon.
that sweater wasn’t the only thing i bought this week. i’ve been feeling a little down lately, a little bummed out the last few weeks, and pretty stressed on top of it all. i’m going to try to put it all into words to share with y’all, but can i just say that liking someone who doesn’t like you back or isn’t ready to like you back, or not really meeting someone you click with and want to share your experiences with, or training again after a few months off from running – it can all put a little damper on your heart. life’s tough, for sure, but i suppose i’m a little tougher so i’m not worried about getting through it all. in the meantime – i did a whole lot of retail therapy, and i’m not too sure i’m done yet, lol. oops! can’t wait for all my cute new things to come in, though. 😉
this weekend i’ll be cheering on the utsa roadrunners with my family and working on a couple different projects, plus trying to get through this book.
hope y’all have a festive end-of-summer weekend, loves!
- because i’m just ever-so-slightly excited for fall – the every girl’s 2017 fall bucket list.
- i’ve told y’all that i started training for the san antonio rock n roll half-marathon. this week was the first week of my official training plan, and i woke up 3 mornings this week to run with my dad. of course twice he didn’t get up and i ended up running after work, once with melissa and once alone. also this week a woman was sexually assaulted running a trail in one of the parks in san antonio. so i’ve been very vocal on Facebook about the culture of female runners and this runner’s world article just said everything i think and feel and want others to know.
- young colin firth is all the heart eye emojis.
- turnpike troubadours just released yet another amazing new song. i’m in love.
- you better believe i’m making room in my closet for these adorable boots i found in junk gypsy‘s shop.
i’ve always loved these end of the week posts. sometimes it’s just nice to have a spot to recap my week, or talk about the things i’m looking forward to in the upcoming weekend. so, let’s keep doing this, yes?
here’s what i love about this summer…i’ve spent an inordinate amount of time outdoors, at the lake, river, or pool. that has translated into me getting super-tan, like probably the darkest i have ever been. consequently, this has allowed me to go without makeup…which is awesome. i may not look my age, but my skin looks and feels great (as i’m writing this i’m starting to worry i might be tempting fate). it has been hellishly hot here in san antonio, making it a little unpleasant to be outdoors if your not lounging beside some body of water, so i foresee a lot of this happening from here on out, until the end of the season.
we are at the tail-end of the paralegal certification course, which coincides with my family vacation to los angeles. i have to admit, i’m quite excited to do touristy type things, without having to think about homework or quizzes or research. it’ll be nice to read for fun and not feel guilty about not reading my textbook. if you have suggestions for things to do and places to see in l.a., send them my way!