my bestest friend.
last night, in bed, crying to myself, for who even knows what, other than just being exhausted, feeling overwhelmed, worrying about the future (mine, our country’s, the world’s) i had a moment of clarity. had i not made the choices i had made, i might not have had the opportunity to have riley in my life (and this dog is sort of always my saving grace). and that realization sort of trickled into a few others. and slowly i started to relax, and to feel grateful again.
i’ve written on here a handful of times, that my path has always been a lesson, that i’ve always ended up in the place where i was meant to be. and i believe that, truly i do. it’s been hard, and it might get harder, but i always find a way to get through it. and that’s what i need to focus on. my strength.
it’s not a quick fix, and trust me, i am still feeling exhausted, and overwhelmed, and worried, but i know i’ll get through it. i know i’ll get to the other side of this feeling. one step at a time (like how i chose to avoid the news this morning, because i’ve had enough of hearing about kavanaugh for a lifetime…oh wait).
in other news, this weekend is my 10 year college reunion, and i’m pretty bummed i’ll be missing out (collin and i were supposed to be heading to mexico this weekend, but our plans changed). backroad boutique will be live and in-person at the marketplace in old town helotes on saturday from 10 am – 5 pm (i’ll be showing up late). we have a couple of new items coming in soon, that we can’t wait to share with our customers!
all i want to do this weekend is relax and decorate our house for fall, but we all know that’s not going to happen. hopefully sunday i’ll get some down time between running and meal prepping!
i hope y’all have a happy and recharging weekend, loves! on monday, we keep chugging along to midterms…
- kinda bummed i don’t have an october birthday after seeing this super-cute blush pink halloween themed party on laurenconrad.com!
- i found the perfect halloween t-shirt for us booooook lovers.
- and in related book & 10 year reunion news, one of my sorority sisters published a book! super-proud of this sweet lady and can’t wait until my copy arrives!
- i love changing my desktop background every month, and look forward to theeverygirl.com‘s newest designs! i went with this one.
- for some reason, the fall season always sends me searching for my favorite songs off of the twilight saga: breaking dawn pt. 1 soundtrack. bruno mars, sleeping at last, christina perri, and iron & wine. and then, muse, of course (although from the twilight saga: eclipse soundtrack instead).
- want. // need.