on top of the world.
this week after my cousin’s wedding and our long vacation in the pnw has been rough. i’m exhausted in a way i haven’t been in a while, and i’m having a hard time getting back to my daily routines.
i also feel refreshed in a way that i haven’t felt in a long time. and that is worth any kind of jet lag or post-vacation blues i am feeling now.
i almost forgot how much i love going up north. i was a northeast girl for five years (college and one year post-college) and every time i head north i am reminded of how green it is. down here in texas, we have that bright blue, wide open sky, and beautiful hill country, but up north, it’s just canopy after canopy of green, green trees, and specifically in seattle and portland (where we spent last week), gorgeous views of the mountains.
it’s enough to make this nomad-girl’s heart flutter.
also, it was a week without serious allergies (how with all that greenery up there is beyond me, but i’m not asking any questions!), which i am paying for now! but worth it, so worth it.
i’ll try to remember to share photos and stories from our trip. we tried some really great food and did all the touristy things. plus my cousin made for an absolutely beautiful bride, and we are all too happy to welcome her husband (eeeeek!) into our family!
i may not be on vacation anymore, but i’m really excited for this weekend. hopefully i can recharge, but let’s be honest, my best friend is coming home for the weekend with her honey bunny and we are going to be taking in the UTSA football game and getting our food and drink on. can’t wait to see her, she moved to houston about two months ago, so it’s been that long since i’ve seen her!
other than that, i’ll be half-marathon training, and trying not to buy any more books or clothes 🙂 but NO promises!
have a happy weekend, loves.
- revamping my closet (again) and i’ve been on the hunt for the perfect boyfriend (or mom) jeans (because doesn’t anyone else get tired of trying to stuff their large calves into skinny jeans? no? just me?). found these via the sister studio‘s IG story and i’m a true believer. these are comfy, stretchy, fun, and right now they’re just under $20 with code women20 (reg. $22).
- i’m a sucker for a good forest-smelling candle. we picked this one up at pike place market while we were in seattle.
- i ordered where the crawdads sing approximately two days before reese witherspoon named it as her september book of the month. i’m slowly getting through it (because, life), but i was hooked by owens’ lyrical prose by, like, page 8. (i’ll try to share the exact passage that won me over soon!)
- art of ice cream is coming to austin (just a short hour and a half drive from san antonio), so i have to go! i’ll take any excuse to make myself sick with ice cream and all the sprinkles lol!
- just signed up for the Epilepsy Foundation Central & South Texas‘ annual Superhero 5k with my fam! $5 off registration if you sign up Sept. 21-23 with cold FL18.
- want. // need.