i have not been very good at posting lately. i guess when you’re as busy as i’ve been lately, something is bound to fall off the plate, right? it’s just, writing is my thing. i want it to be a better thing. i need it to be a better thing. so i’m gonna have to work on doing more of this, yes?
we celebrated lucas’s first birthday on monday, and had his party last weekend. he’s the cutest sweetie pie, with so much of his mother’s personality, it’s hilarious. i can’t believe he’s already a year old, it feels like i just met him for the first time yesterday. but i also can’t wait for him to start walking and talking!
also, melissa and i finally are taking a road trip together to new orleans in a few weeks! i can’t wait. it’s going to be so much fun! it’s been 6 years since i’ve been back, can you believe that? it blows my mind every time i think about it. i’m sure so much has changed, but i’m really excited to go back to some of my fave places.
this weekend, i’ll be training (for the san antonio rock n roll half-marathon), going to the utsa game, and hitting up the gruene market days. you know, just keeping busy. 😉
have a happy weekend, loves!
- what your zodiac sign says about the fate of your career.
- i feel like the older i get, the more i’m inspired by bright, airy rooms and cozy furnishings, like this 500 sq. ft. apartment.
- wanderlust: portland has been on my radar for a few years now.
- somebody please adopt sweet sadie! i’d do it myself, but i’m fairly certain dad would kick me out if i brought another dog home.
- fyi, turnpike troubadours released their new album today.
- this video of a group of frat brothers doing a cheer routine to raise funds for charity as a part of their homecoming week was like, the best thing i’ve seen all week.
- want. need.